The last 6 months, have been filled with many small and big adventures. Mainly centered around our son. Now that the water is getting colder, we come out of our baby bubble and start teaching again.
We have many events planned for this autumn/winter season. We will have a combination of Travels, retreats and many small events in Potsdam. Luckily, I have the support of my partner Douwe who will (co-)teach many events in German this year.
- 20th - 26th of November: WHM travel in Poland (german spoken) - only places on the waiting list
- 9th - 11th of December: WHM Fundamental weekend in Potsdam (German spoken) - still places available
- 15th - 20th of January: WHM travel in the Harz (German spoken) - Only place on the waiting list
- 5th - 11th of February: WHM travel in Poland (English spoken) - a few places available
More information on the travels here
Events in Potsdam (German): Click on the link for more information
- Community icebathing: We meet once a month in the heiliger see for a relaxed dip in the lake
- WHM breathing sessions: For people that already have experience with the WHM breathing.
- Nature Explorations: Exploring inner and outer Nature.
- WHM Fundamental weekend in Nedlitz, Potsdam: A retreat for beginners to the WHM or people that want to deepen their WHM practice.
The travels are quite popular and we have only limited places, so send me an e-mail if you like to join!
Josephine & Douwe
Offers for you (& your Company)
If you are interested in one of the services I offer please contact me via mail for more information
Make decisions that make you happy - daily!!
About me and my life
After completing my PhD in molecular biology (June 2012), it was clear to me that neither an academic career nor a career in the pharmaceutical industry would fulfill me. In order to find a new purpose and to recover from Burnout symptoms that arose due to the exhausting pressure during my PhD, I decided to take a break. I traveled South-East Asia for nearly a year. In northern Thailand I came into contact with meditation for the first time - in retrospect, I am sure that this was the first step in the right direction and towards a healthier future ...
After my return I worked for a biotechnology company in business development (February 2014- September 2017). During these years my desire for more freedom, for more space for development and personal growth grew steadily - but also my courage. I reduced my weekly working hours and completed my yoga teacher training. In April 2016 I founded my own company to teach the relaxation techniques that have helped me to deal better with work-related stress.
It makes me happy to see how yoga, breathing techniques and meditation also helps my students deal better with stress. When I realized how important this work is, I decided to start two further educations despite working part-time in biotech and being self-employed already. I wanted to learn more about stress reduction methods - and understand how they affect the body within. In early 2017 I started my training as a Wim Hof trainer and my education to become a Naturopath. Before passing both exams in winter 2017, I did quit my biotech job completly! I did never regret that step!
There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do – Freya Stark
the Healing Power of the Cold
I wrote a book about the many benefits of cold exposure!! Currently it is only available in german.
My publisher "Riva" is looking for an interested english publishing group.
So if you are lucky there will be a translation soon ;)
On Instagram, my Blog and Facebook I share my knowledge in english.
I am happy if you follow me on the social media platform of your choice ;)
P.S. You will love these blog posts - written by my partner in love & crime, Douwe van den Berg:
- The Meaningful Life with Andrew G. Marshall Ep.62 Josephine Worseck: Stress Reduction: TheTransformative Power of Cold Exposure (English Podcast, December 2021)
- Reduce Your Stress with Tim Ringgold - Episode 81 Cooling Down w/ Josephine Worseck (English Podcast, November 2021)
- What is Cold Therapy The Fitmess #66 Dr. Josephine Worseck (English Podcast, März 2021)
- We are I Podcast #185 - WE are I with Dr. Josephine Worseck, This english podcast is about my journey of becoming a Wim Hof Instructor (Podcast, Juni 2020)
- We are I Podcast #179 - WE are I with Dr. Josephine Worseck, This english podcast is all about cold therapy (Podcast, Juni 2020)